You know the drill. Sony arranged a board meeting:
- Time to milk some more old franchises. Ok, what do we got?
- Bad Boys?
- Got it. Ok, do we have a generic reboot script?
- We have this old one from Lethal Weapon 4? Grandchildren, retirement, you know.
- 4? Well, ok, whatever. Don't forget to do that reboot thingy, write in what is popular right now?
- Like what?
- Tech, drones, tHe InTeRnEt...why are you asking me?
- Ah, yeah, write a couple of scenes to shill our phones and other merch, Windows tablets, you know.
I mean, I don't have to tell you, you know what it is. Another Sony "masterpiece" with a generic script based on a revenge plot. The humor was cringe-worthy, the action wasn't even that good (and poorly shot),the whole film looks like a rap video. The story makes zero sense and the ending is incredibly stupid and anticlimactic.
Thanks for Michael Bay cameo though, and I guess the credit scene had Jerry Bruckheimer in it for some reason? Probably an inside joke.
I never thought I'd say this, but damn I miss 90ties Michael Bay. If you have to milk these franchises, at least give him the directing spot so I can enjoy his slow-mo, non-CGI explosions, women objectification and American flags.